Friday, March 09, 2012

27 Years in...

Today is the 27th Anniversary of me signing up, in Uncle Sam's Big Green Machine, aka The United States Army (courtesy of the Illinois Army National Guard).

Oh, such a look in 1985

Over the years, I got to learn all sorts of things...
Claymore! 1989, Aberdeen Proving Grounds

I eventually got to work on a disaster
The Mississippi River tells a levee that it should just quit...now.  1993

Then overseas "peacekeeping"
Sarajevo, SFOR in 1997

Back to training
JRTC, Fort Polk, Louisiana 2000

Overeas, training
Yavoriv, Ukraine 2003

Then, to war...
Parwan Province, Afghanistan 2004

And back to disaster
Post-Katrina, outside New Orleans 2005

Then back to war
Outside Baghdad 2008

3 1/2 more months, and I will be done... I wonder what I will look like after that?  I've threatened to grow out my hair and a beard to make Lord Byron's ghost blush in shame.  Maybe, maybe not.

2 Comments:

Blogger kae said...

Congrats on your very long service!

You are one of those fortunate people whom age improves.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous forex robot said...

Dear congratulation for this , As this job is for brave persons and i know you are much brave and passionate one .So keep it uo dear.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?